Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

It's hard to believe that 2008 is over and a new year has begun. We've had a pretty decent year.
**January brought in the new year (08) without too much fanfare. I turned 38.
**In February the boys turned 11, and we were able to see the eclipse of the moon.
**March brought us a little ice & snow. Dan turned 39, and the boys were baptized.
**In April my mom, sister, niece, and I participated in the Walk for a Cure in Indianapolis. This was a first for us, and we are looking forward to the next one. We walked in memory of my grandma and great-grandma. The boys took swim lessons for the first time in their life. Caleb loved it! Jacob managed to get through. I did a picture a day for the entire month! Now I need to finish putting it in an album.
**May was filled with exciting moments, memorable moments, and some changes that weren't fully accepted. Jacob finally learned to ride a bike. Dan & I celebrated 17 years of marriage. We took the camper out for our first trip of the year to the Smoky Mountains. My parents & my sister's family joined us. They boys "graduated" from 5th grade, and I found out I would be changing jobs. The job change was not something I wanted. After 12 years of teaching elementary resource I was moving to the middle school.
**In June we took our annual family outing to the Outer Banks. I did get to meet obxpatti while I was there!!
**July found us back in the Smoky Mountains for Fourth of July. Jacob just about shook hands with a bear. That was a bit startling! I took classes to renew my teaching license.
**August was a busy month. Dan & I took a vacation (the Smoky Mountains) by ourselves. This was a first! The boys went with my parents on a train trip to Colorado. School started - middle school for all of us! We attended a family reunion on my mom's side. I started going to a monthly dinner with some ladies I worked with at my last school. At the end of August beginning of September, we took the camper out for the last trip of the year. We went to Brown County State Park for Labor Day weekend.
**September brought the start of football for Jacob.
**In October Caleb did his best to decorate for Halloween. It was a bit disappointing when someone stole some of his decorations. We had our annual Halloween party at Nana's. This year included a trip to a nearby corn maze. Dan & I started going to a financial class at church (Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University). I participated in a Week of My Life album. I took pictures daily for the entire week. The family was quite irritated by the end of the seven days.
**November wasn't very eventful. We went to my mom's for Thanksgiving.
**December brought us the end of another year. We finished up our financial class. We went to Beef & Boards for their Christmas Special with my parents & my sister's family. We celebrated on Christmas Eve with my parents & sister's family and Christmas day with his parents & siblings. New Year's Eve brought a house appraisal & some festivities with my parents. I picked my word for the year {FAITH}. I hope to continue in my faith & see what God's purpose is for my life.
**This year I have continued to scrapbook. I've made many layouts, some mini albums, and quite a few cards. Thanks to a year at allmomentsremembered my scrapbooking has changed for the better I think. I have tried mini albums, actually used the stamps I've bought, put chipboard on my layouts, stitched on layouts, and much more. I've also tried challenges on some blogs. I can't wait to see what the new year brings! AMR is celebrating it's one year anniversary. Come sign up and join us for the crop on January 9-10!!

Happy New Year to all!!!

No comments: